As a business owner it is important to explore all fields of marketing which may help you develop new customers and leads. Also of sales director mailing list importance is the implementation of a marketing strategy which will help you retain current customers and convert them further and in this digital age, there are a number of key marketing areas of which you truly cannot afford to ignore.
E-mail marketing is one such form in question and, has become in recent years, an essential part of sales director mailing list any marketing strategy according to eMarketer, who conducted a test towards the back end of 2011 which concluded that 97% of small businesses utilize e-mail marketing as part of their wider strategy.
If you have a current e-mail marketing campaign which isn’t performing to its full potential or are looking for tips on how to create solid e-mail marketing campaign then this article surrounding how to improve e-mail open rates will be perfect for you.
Make A Great First Impression
If you go ahead and open up your e-mail inbox right now, I can guarantee that the main things that you will see are the dates, subject and title of each e-mail. It is the title and subject of your e-mails that you need to get right first time in order to create a great first impression.
Now, every single e-mail is different based on exactly what point you are trying to get across or what you are trying to sell, however there are a couple of key points you can use to aid in the end user opening your e-mail:
– Utilize an e-mail address which uses a real name. “James@salesexamplemail.com” looks far better than “email@example.com”.
– Write the e-mail based on hierarchy. E-mails from a company director, CEO, CFO or president are far better than e-mails from a desk clerk for example.
In terms of sales director mailing list your subject line this will differ based on what you are trying to say. There are a few things you should keep in mind however, which include:
– Localize your subject. Got an e-mail list from people in New York, US? Include ‘New York’ in the subject. Got an e-mail list of people based in London, UK? Include the keyword ‘London’.
– Create a unique subject line for each new e-mail batch you send out. If your e-mail subject gets repetitive, this will decrease your open rates.
– Avoid salesy words. ‘limited offer’, ‘free’ and ‘reminder’ are key turn offs commonly found in e-mail subject lines.
Time Your E-mails Effectively
If you work within a business which offers seasonal products then it make sense to send out your e-mails when your product will be in the highest demand and even if you don’t offer seasonal products / services, timing is still very important.
Avoid ever sending out e-mails which are way out of time zones. An e-mail received to somebody in the UK at 3 a.m. for example will often be entirely overlooked as compared to being sent during the day. Sending e-mails at lunch time, breakfast time or tea time is good practice to try and reach the highest number of eyes as physically possible.